Business OF journalismEdit
Newspapers get more money from advertising than from sales of the newspapers.
The news industry has a relatively high profit margin, such as 20 percent, 30 percent or more.
Book: "The Vanishing Newspaper," by Phillip Meyer
Also see: American Newspaper Circulation.
- Advertising -- Articles from the American Press Institute
- Classifieds -- Articles from the American Press Institute
- Company data and industry business news -- newspaper section of:
- Newspaper publishing industry overview, from Hoovers
- Ownership --Who Owns What, by the Columbia Journalism Review
- Union wages, from the Newspaper Guild
- Managers' compensation, at WSJ Career Journal, based on "Newspaper Industry Compensation Survey," 2005, Inland Press Association
- SEC -- Securities and Exchange Commission filings for newspaper companies
- Union -- The Newspaper Guild