Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Business OF journalismEdit
Newspapers get more money from advertising than from sales of the newspapers.
The news industry has a relatively high profit margin, such as 20 percent, 30 percent or more.
Book: "The Vanishing Newspaper," by Phillip Meyer
Also see: American Newspaper Circulation.
- Advertising -- Articles from the American Press Institute
- Classifieds -- Articles from the American Press Institute
- Company data and industry business news -- newspaper section of:
- Newspaper publishing industry overview, from Hoovers
- Ownership --Who Owns What, by the Columbia Journalism Review
- Union wages, from the Newspaper Guild
- Managers' compensation, at WSJ Career Journal, based on "Newspaper Industry Compensation Survey," 2005, Inland Press Association
- SEC -- Securities and Exchange Commission filings for newspaper companies
- Union -- The Newspaper Guild