Ivan Katchanovski is Visiting Scholar at the Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies at Harvard University. His research focuses on news coverage of Eastern Europe.
- Cleft Countries: Regional Political Divisions and Cultures in Post-Soviet Ukraine and Moldova. (Series “Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics & Society”). Ibidem-Verlag, Stuttgart, 2006, 286pp.
- Paradox of American Unionism: Why Americans Like Unions More Than Canadians Do, but Join Much Less (with Seymour Martin Lipset, Noah M. Meltz and Rafael Gomez). Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York, 2004, 240pp.
- "Politics of Canadian Television Coverage of Post-Communist Countries: A Comparative Perspective."
Annual Conference of the Canadian Political Science Association, Concordia University, Montreal, June 1-3, 2010.
- "Coverage of Post-Communist Countries by ABC, CBS and NBC: Politics of Miscommunication." August 13, 2009. Alicen R. Morley, coauthor. SSRN
- "U.S. TV Coverage of Post-Communist Countries: Politics and Virtual Reality." Annual Conference of the Canadian Political Science Association, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, May 27-29, 2009.