Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prominent news organizations and journalism resources sorted by region:
The world's largest papers are mainly in Asia.
Links (source for the following figures is the the World Association of Newspapers):
- Top 100 papers, in order by country
- Chart of top 10 papers
- Top 100 newspapers, at the World Association of Newspapers
- Asia's largest newspapers
Newspaper, Country, Circulation in thousands
Bild Germany 3,867
The Sun United Kingdom 2,419
Daily Mail UK 2,093
The Mirror UK 1,597
Kronen Zeitung Austria 1,009
WAZ Mediengruppe Germany 1,001
Komsomolskaya Pravda Russia 817
Ouest France France 783
De Telegraaf The Netherlands 753
Moskovskiy Komsomolets Russia 750
Daily Express UK 720
Daily Star UK 705
Zeitungsgruppe Koln Germany 628
Trud Russia 613
Source: World Association of Newspapers
News about the journalism industry:
- CJR's online guide to what major media companies own: Who Owns What
- The Society of Professional Journalists is probably the largest.
Pubications about journalism:
- The two major magazines are the American Journalism Review and the Columbia Journalism Review. Others include Editor & Publisher and the Online Journalism Review.
- America's Best Newspapers: survey by Columbia Journalism Review
- The most influential are The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. Others of major size are USA Today, the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune. The Christian Science Monitor has national circulation.
- Web sites:
Regions and statesEdit
- Southern Newspaper Publishers Association, Web site
- North Carolina